AC Condenser Repair in Manchaca
An AC condenser is a critical component of a central air conditioning system, heat pump, and other split air conditioning systems. It works by cooling the refrigerant and turning it into liquid form. Without refrigerant and the condenser to process it, air conditioning as a technology and process won't be possible.
Newer condensers are designed to have a functional lifespan of 10 years or more. However, this doesn’t mean yours will be working indefinitely. Just like other machine components, your condenser would need to be repaired or replaced at some point in time.
If your condenser is malfunctioning, the best thing to do is contact Cool Kings to schedule affordable AC condenser repair in Manchaca. Call us at 512-318-7212 or fill out our online form to schedule an appointment today.
Common AC Condenser Problems
The AC condenser works to remove heat from your air conditioner. When your air conditioning unit is turned on, the fan blows out hot air. Any type of air condenser problem can have a significant impact on the functionality of your air conditioner.
Just like the totality of your air conditioning system, the condenser also comprises several parts. These include the motor, tubes, fans, compressor, condenser coil, and circuit board.
Whether any of these parts fail separately or in combination, you must have it repaired right away. Even if only one component is failing or broken, it must be replaced immediately to prevent bigger problems from developing.
Common condenser problems include the following:
- Leaky seals and tubes: Wear and tear usually lead to seals breaking down and developing cracks over time. Condenser tubes can get brittle and eventually rupture or break.
- Dirty components: Since air conditioner condensers are commonly placed outside homes or buildings, it’s easy for component parts to collect dirt. Sometimes, brush, grass, and other plants even grow around the unit. This can affect the components and prevent them from working as they should.
- Blockages: Like dirt, different particles and debris can collect and clog up an air conditioner, including flakes from condenser metal parts. These clogs or blockages can cause an air conditioner to malfunction. AC condenser failure caused by metal flaking from its elements is usually a reflection of poor maintenance. Any type of blockage will lead to the condenser unit breaking down completely.
- Faulty circuit/control board: The control or circuit board facilitates communication among the different condenser components. When it breaks down, critical parts such as the fan motor won’t turn on or off.
- Motor deterioration: When the motor is burnt or has deteriorated significantly, your air conditioner won’t work. However, it’s easy to prevent this from happening through proper use and periodic maintenance.
- Coil damage: A critical component of a condenser unit. Coils can get damaged due to the accumulation of debris, corrosion and impact. When it is damaged, airflow becomes restricted, affecting the efficiency of the air conditioning unit.
- Bad run capacitor: Run capacitors have a tendency to go out suddenly or to deteriorate gradually. Since capacitors power fan motors, any problem with your air conditioner capacitor needs to be dealt with quickly.
- Bad relay switch: The relay switch enables the switching on and off the fan during air conditioner operation. When the relay switch is broken or malfunctioning, your air conditioner won’t work.
To know if there’s a problem with your unit’s condenser, note the following signs:
- Inadequate cold air is circulating, or only warm air is being produced
- Reduction in airflow
- Strange clanking or banging noises
- Bent fins
- Refrigerant leaks
- Internal fan issues
Make sure not to ignore AC condenser problems as these can impact your air conditioner's energy efficiency. Air condenser faults can stress the entire air conditioning system and lead to partial or total air conditioner breakdown or damage.
Cool Kings Serves Manchaca & Surrounding Cities